Saturday 3 December 2011

I Love You, James





Today I had a supervised contact with my beloved son, James. We were supervised by Nana.

The first thing that I did with my son this afternoon was to give him my Stonewall information, explain it and 'Come Out' in a clear but loving way to him, as a single gay parent. When I explained that he had spent his first six years of life living in Gay and Lesbian community housing, this made sense to my son. He remembered his old home and he took the reminder well and in the end offered and insisted on buying me a McDonald's lunch.

My son took this photo of my mouth while I was talking about meeting Sir Winston Churchill's grandson in person earlier this week. My son also selected the hat that he is wearing in the photo for his self, while we were shopping in GAP.

I love my son very much, and parting with my him was especially hard for me this evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment