Wednesday 12 September 2012

Strava & Star Trek

When I was with my beloved son James last Saturday, he asked me to watch the Star Trek film. My son has watched this film 15 times and loves it. During my phone contact with my son this evening, I mentioned that I had watched it and thought that it was a great film. James could not believe his ears when I also told him that I wanted to watch it a few more times before I have my next supervised contact with him.

The things we do for love.

Since last Friday I have resumed cycling to and from work on my Brompton. What makes this an ongoing joyful experience is most of my work colleagues cycle. Not bad for a team which works with addictions and mental health conditions. Now I have convinced most of my team to download Strava.

For the last two days I have been monitoring my cycling times on Strava via my Blackberry smartphone. Today I beat my time by a whole minute! I celebrated this achievement when I finished work for the day by folding my bike and taking it home on the bus.

However since Friday I have been swimming twice and relaxed in the sauna afterwards on both occasions. This evening I also told my son that during our next supervised contact we will be going swimming. James is delighted and so am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment