Saturday 15 September 2012

Work, Rest & Play

Today on my return home from the Ritzy Cinema in Brixton, after watching the film: Anna Karenina. I found that I had received my educational material from The Open University. So, it's official, my education towards obtaining a BA degree has now started. I am delighted! I am really going to work hard because my aim is to then study the MA Gender & Sexuality. That Masters in Gender & Sexuality will motivate me to excel. One day at a time.

This is my weekend off duty at work, so I have decided to give my dear old Brompton Bicycle a well earned  two day rest. Instead, tomorrow morning I plan to go for a swim and sauna, then go to a 'Meeting for Worship' at my local Streatham Quaker Meeting House. In the evening, I plan to attend a Twelve Step Meeting. Then it will be back to work  for me on Monday, where I  will continue to drink lots of Green Tea and plenty of water. I also aim to drop-in for another 30 minute ear acupuncture session after work, to help with stress management. 

Just for today, I have secured my train tickets for my October day trip to Birmingham. Purchased my Ritzy Cinema tickets to watch the live showings of the Bolshoi Ballet: The Sylphide. This takes place later this month. Then I will watch The Royal Opera House: Swan Lake, in October. I also paid for my ticket to watch The Tiger Lillies perform Hamlet, at the Queen Elizabeth Hall, on my day off this forthcoming week. I last saw Hamlet performed a few years ago at the Old Vic. Loved it!

I am thrilled to have received my invitation to the 2012 STONEWALL Awards, yesterday, due to my being a close friend of STONEWALL. It will take place at the Victoria & Albert Museum in November.

Now back to Anna Karenina. I am such a love addict! Poor Anna. That film broke my heart, just like Atonement did.



No comments:

Post a Comment