Thursday 11 October 2012

My Baby is Growing Up



This evening, not too long after I had received an email with the dates of the forthcoming QLGF - Quaker Lesbian & Gay Fellowship

Quaker Lesbian & Gay Fellowship - Walking cheerfully over the earth 

qlgf.org.uk/
29 Sep 2012 – A group for Quakers and sympathizers of all sexualities. Contact information, newsletters, links, and questions on sexuality.

QLGF Forums 

We have now launched the QLGF forums, a space for in-depth ...

QLGF Members – dates for ... 

20 October 2012: QLGF Gathering at Lancaster QMH, 11 am ...

About QLGF 

Quaker Lesbian & Gay Fellowship is a welcoming and supportive ...

Contact QLGF 

WE are hoping that it will soon be possible to join the Quaker ...

Forums 

Notices about the general running of the forums go here. ... This is ...

Uncategorized 

Articles for the QLGF Newsletter are always welcome – views ...
  meeting which I attend, and noticed that the on Saturday 11th November 2012, the topic being discussed will be of Gender. I had a phone contact with my beloved son, James. Amongst other things, his voice is breaking and he seems to be growing up so fast. So much time has past since I took him to his first Religious Society of Friends - Quaker Meeting House for Worship, at the Streatham Meeting, aged: seven weeks old.

Quakers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia 

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quakers
Quakers, or Friends, are members of the Religious Society of Friends, also called the Friends' Church. Quakers' central doctrine is the priesthood of all believers.

During our conversation, my son discussed his activities as a new Air Cadet. He sounded exited about being a member of the Cadets and talked to me about taking part in future Remembrance Day Parades, and seeing me in the crowd, but not being able to turn and look at me or smile.  James then explained, that he will register me in his head and when he has performed his duties, he will smile at me and tell me all about it. James also mentioned that there are girl Cadets with him too. When he then voiced his speculation to me, about the female Cadets ability to keep pace, with the male Cadets when running long distances, he commented, "that's sexist."

My son wished me a happy birthday, several times today. I also confirmed that I will be accompanying him to the London Transport Museum, in Covent Gardens on my birthday. This is because my dear son recently won two tickets to enter the London Transport Museum free of charge, due to his politeness. He then told me about his prize and asked me if I would go with him. I decided using the tickets on my birthday would make it extra special. So I am looking forward to our time together.

Tonight James told me that tomorrow he will be meeting with a friend who he met sometime during his ten years as a Rudolf Steiner Independent school pupil. I am pleased.

I know that my son is a 'Star Trek' fan. However he also likes 'Sherlock Holmes' and 'Dr Who', as well as having a life long, deep affection for Air crafts.






No comments:

Post a Comment