Saturday 6 October 2012

Some Girls Marry Girls...

Today I spent a lovely few hours at the London School of Economics for my Open University tutorial. Whilst at the LSE, I also attended a lecture from a professor of Social Science.

This afternoon, I enjoyed a relaxing 30 minute swim, afterwards I received the wonderful news I that the "La dolce Vita" [DVD] which I ordered from Amazon.co.uk has been dispatched. Just in case you may be wondering, I am completely smitten with a certain sanctified lady, dressed as a nun. And not Whoopi Goldberg, charming as she is...

I have chosen to take two days off work, as annual leave, this week. The first day will be  Wednesday 10th October 2012, and that will be World Mental Health Day. I will be spending it in Birmingham at the Conservative Party Conference - wearing the pictured Stonewall 'Some Girls Marry Girls. Get Over It!'  whilst listening to Prime Minister David Cameron's speech. The second annual leave day will be Thursday, which I will spend at the Charity Revolving Doors    www.revolving-doors.org.uk   I will be involved in putting together a brief for police leads responsible for the transfer of healthcare in police custody to the NHS. The briefing will give views of people with mental health conditions who have experience of police custody on what healthcare in police custody should look like. Considering my contact with the police, it may be beneficial to share about my experience and my views. 

It will be my birthday, on Saturday. I will be 51 years old. I am really looking forward to it, because I will be able to spend a few hours of quality time, loving and nurturing my beloved son, James and being pampered by him.


No comments:

Post a Comment