Tuesday 24 January 2012

Coldharbour Ward

Today was my day off from my full time paid employment. I was extra tired this morning due to visiting the Ritzy Cinema last night after work, and watching the film: SHAME. So I spent the day in bed. I spent the day sleeping on and off, and listening to Radio Four.

However, this evening I went to my 'Four in Ten' LGBT -Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and trans group for people with a history of mental distress. This Group takes place 17:30hrs - 19:30hrs every Tuesday evening at SLAM - South London and Maudsley Psychiatric hospital.

This evening members of 'Four in Ten' - myself included - dined at NANDOS in Camberwell. While I dined, I discussed the fact that during February, which is LGBT - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans History Month, on Thursday 9th of February 2012, I will be attending the Act of Witness at Synod, for Lesbian and Gay Christians at 08:45hrs to 10:15hrs. This is being held in front of Church House in Dean's Yard, Westminster.

I also mentioned that on Tuesday 14th February, I will be attending the Black Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans Valentines day Erotic poetry and readings. This will be taking place at the Brixton Library, in Brixton.

I always enjoy my time with 'Four in Ten' members. I find the Mental Health / Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans combination, therapeutic. I am also lovingly teased by the members for being a member of the Conservative Party - just as I am also lovingly teased by members of my Housing Co-op's Lesbian and Gay Community for the same reason. This evening, I told 'Four in Ten' members that I will be going to the Ritzy Cinema tomorrow to watch the film: The Iron Lady.

Whilst I was out this evening, I was delighted to receive an email on my blackberry phone, from my local Dulwich & West Norwood Conservative Party. I have enlisted additional support to help me to continue to campaign in the ward in which I live: Coldharbour Ward. In the 2010, local elections I stood for my party and hoped to gain the seat as a Councillor for Coldharbour Ward. I gained just under 500 votes.



No comments:

Post a Comment