Tuesday 17 January 2012

Time To Change Reception




This afternoon, I was at 26 Whitehall, London at a Time to Change reception, which was arranged by the Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg.

This event was to thank the Time to Change champions for all the national Mental health anti discrimination awareness raised in the public.

There were lots of people. As well as the deputy prime minister, there were people present such as Paul Jenkins - Rethink Mental illness, Paul Falmer - Mind, Sue Baker - Time to Change, Liz Sayce - Radar, Alistair Campbell, Trisha Goddard...

I was pleased to have attended this function as one of the champions. However I am more proud that I have been given the opportunity to publically be able to speak my truth about mental health and lesbian & gay issues. The less taboo these subjects are, is the better it will be for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment