Thursday 5 January 2012

James' Review

Today was my beloved son's Social Services, Looked after Children's review, which takes place at least twice each year. Today I took annual leave from my full time employment to attend.

Today I saw my son James for the first time this year, since seeing him briefly on Saturday 17th December 2011.

Today when I mentioned to my son that I will take him swimming during our supervised contact, this forthcoming Saturday, he was delighted.

As well as our usual trip to dine at McDonald's, I will also take him to WH Smiths to purchase some magazines - about airplanes.

I think of my son often and my intense love for him and his love for me, has remained constant over the passing years.

In the early years having an estranged relationship with my beloved son was extremely difficult for me. I would often talk to my mother about it and refer to myself in the situation as being a mother by proxy. However, especially since the death of my dear mother in October 2010, I know that true love is constant and that I will always love my son. I also now know that love lives beyond lifetimes as I also love my late mother as much in death as I did when she was alive.

2012 is a year of changes. By the end of the year, I will be the mother of a teenager. My son also hopes to have joined the Air Cadets. I would have completed my input as a Commissioner on the Rethink Mental Illness, Schizophrenia Commission and been thanked by the Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg, for all the anti-stigma, anti-discrimination Mental Health work that I have raised in public awareness for Time To Change. I will also have devoted more time... for lesbian, gay... rights issues with Stonewall




No comments:

Post a Comment